For the past several weeks, I've had a problem with VirtualPC. Whenever I started the program, I would see it running in the taskbar, but the console itself would not show up on the screen. Luckily, I could still start all of my VPC images using the context menu of the task item.
Today, I finally looked for a cause, and found it.
VPC stored it's configuration in the following file:
Within that XML file, I found the following node:
Interesting to see the values that were being used for "left_position" and "top_position"...
4,294,935,296 = 0xFFFF8300
Expressed as a 32-bit signed integer, this is the same as -32,000. Doesn't tell me anything specific, but I found it interesting nonetheless.
Resetting these to 0 fixed the issue.